I’m back. BlogHer 2012 was this past weekend. I went. I saw. I was completely overwhelmed. That’s the short version. Some of my ideas about how the conference would shake down were right on. Some were way off. NYC was a fantastic place be in for the conference because, hello? Hotel food? No thank you! NYC food, on the other hand? Yes please!
In no particular order, (other than the fact that I’m choosing the ones that my brain can actually remember most accurately) here are my top 10 highlights from this past weekend’s blogging extravaganza:
- Having a great roommate is uber-helpful.
- A smile really is the best accessory. Although, comfy shoes are imperative for All The Walking.
- It‘s a good idea to know what kind of blog you really intend to write before choosing which sessions to attend.
- Sleep is for sissies. Hi. I’m Missindeedy and I am a sissy.
- The Halal Food Carts really are just as tasty as you’ve heard.
- Apparently, there really is some good spaghetti in Nevada.
- Katie Couric is on Weight Watchers!! It’s true! She said that each day she starts off on WW and by night she’s off.
- Bowling at 11:00 at night, in a dress, after a glass or two of wine? That’s tricky.
- The Swag Exchange Suite was a brilliant idea. I got some things. I left some other things.
- And, I have cemented in my mind how incredible a Mickey D’s cheeseburger can taste at midnight. It’s even better when shared amidst blogging friends, new and old, who are just as loopy as you are.
Riveting information, I know. I’m just hoping that I can get my act together and take it on the road in a couple of years when I’ll be brave enough to try this again! For now, though, I feel as though it was a huge learning experience. And it’s going to take another couple of
months day s to process it all. Cuz’ I’m fast like that. Oh, yes indeedy!