Can you still call yourself a Newbie if you haven’t officially hit the One Year Mark in your blogging adventure? I think I shall.
This blogging thing is such a joy to me. It’s also an amazing way to meet all sorts of fun folks across this here Interweb. One of them, Jolyse Barnett, was kind enough to nominate me for a Reality Blog Award. I so greatly appreciate it.
Here are the rules for The Reality Blogger Award:
1. Show appreciation of the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
2. Add the award logo to your blog.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 5 – 10 or so bloggers you admire.
5. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know. you are supposed to share 7 facts about yourself.
So, without further ado, here are 7 facts, about lil’ ole me, that I’ll just bet you didn’t know:
1) I am a voracious reader and have been known to sniff, deeply, inside the pages of a newly purchased book. Or, to hold my Kindle close to my chest, much like Gollum revered his “Precious”, if I’m reading something especially exciting.
2) It’s been 15 years, 9 months, and 20 days, (no, no, I made up the days part), since I’ve used a credit card.
3) I’m a red meat lover, who doesn’t understand the concept of veal. (Edible Baby Anything, skeeves me out!) I like to eat my meat and pretend that it was a nice fat old cow who just couldn’t take One More Breath and needed to give it’s body up for the good of all mankind. And was mooing in joy for the sacrifice, all the way to heaven. Leave me to my delusions, please and thank you.
4)I have never eaten, nor do I ever intend to eat, caviar. (Please see #3.)
5) I don’t do lakes. Sorry Lake Lovers, I’m an ocean girl, through and through. However, what brought me up to New England from sunny South Florida, was a gig teaching water-skiing. On a lake. I avoided getting into the water for almost 2 years. True story! The last week of the 2nd year, I finally was peer-pressured into getting in. To the lake! I get the pee-pee shivers just thinking about it again.
6) If the artists Fluke, Andy Hunter, The Dining Rooms, Liquid Soul, or Daft Punk mean anything to you, then we are already friends.
7) And lastly, I secretly agree with Maisy Mouse on this one:
Fascinating facts, aren’t they? Please tell me that you read that last question with every ounce of the sarcasm with which it was intended.
I’d like to nominate the following fabulous folks that I’ve been lucky enough to meet out here in the blogosphere:
And now, time for an announcement of sorts. I have been working on The Kite Project with an amazing group of women who are chasing their dreams. We began a few short weeks ago rallying around each other, praying for and encouraging one another to Get On It! I am excited to see where all of this chasing takes me. In the meantime, I’m going to intentionally devote the next 5 Tuesdays to a little series on Chasing Your Dreams. We’re going to explore what it means to dream a little dream and then take some steps to making that happen, together!
You with me? (I surely hope so – I know fer sher that there are a few of you out there that are chasing your own God-given dreams already. And, it takes a village, people.) Oh, yes indeedy!