Just for kicks and giggles, I asked those darling children of mine a question last weekend: If they could go anyplace, what would their top five be?
They each delivered answers fairly predictably, with just one or two surprises.
Sweetboy’s top five, in a very particular order, are:
1. Go to Disney World. (Shocker!)
2. Go to Hawaii. (Apparently, Disney has a resort there? So… shocker!)
3. Go to California. (Disneyland. We have a theme going here, don’t we? And, because, “I’ve always wanted to go to L.A. – it seems cool!” What’s that now?!)
4. Go to the Florida Keys. (I wasn’t expecting that one. Ahab and Nana – that’s on you!)
5. Go and visit Wales. (This is not a surprise. After all, I did once use an accent for love.)
And, Sweetgirl’s top five were:
1. Disney World. (Shocker, again!)
2. Legoland in Florida. (Thank you Lego Movie!)
3. Denmark. (She has a sweet little school friend from there. This is not surprising.)
4. Go to Hawaii because “It’s so warm in there!” (And, as soon as brother reported that there was a Disney Resort there, too, she wanted to move it up to #1. I told her that all decisions were final. No returns or exchanges.)
5. Go see Rio2 at the movies. (Now that was totally random, as we didn’t really dig the first one. Well played Rio2 P.R. People! Also, I didn’t have the heart to tell her that Rio 2 is not a place. She’s six. Whatever.)
There you have it. Thrilling, I know.
There is something thrilling that I’m working very hard to keep from sharing with them.
As far as the Sweetkids know, we are having our Mouse Reunion in December. They’ve been pining to go back since stepping foot off of Disney property this time, last year. We’ve been talking it up with them for the last 3 months. We’ve even been involving them in choosing a hotel, mapping out new restaurants to try, and which rides to make sure to hit.
What they don’t know is that we’re actually going to be sporting our Mickey Mouse ears really soon!
And, since it’s #1 on both of their lists, I have the feeling that we will have two highly happy children on our hands come the morning we stroll downstairs and announce that we’re going.
Oh, yes indeedy!
I can not tell you how happy this place makes my family. I had my doubts about how “magical” it all really was – until we actually went for the first time a few years ago. All doubts were eradicated! Each visit to Disney World has been special for this quirky family of mine in so many ways. Sweetman and I can’t wait!
In the meantime, I’d appreciate prayers for strength to keep my big mouth shut. I’m ’bout ready to burst! I keep telling myself that I’ve made it this last couple of months – I can make it another couple of weeks, right?