I’ve been chasing my tail, this merry month of December. Anyone else?
But, I wanted to pop in and tell you a few things before you flat-out decide I am done for.
1. I’m not done for.
2. I don’t even really understand that phrase.
3. Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha = a small sip of heaven.
4. It also equals a small increase in the midsection.
5. I was just too lazy to combine numbers 1 & 2 and 3 & 4.
6. My favorite Christmas song is “Silent Night, Holy Night”.
7. To that end, I have been playing The Oh Hellos’ Family Christmas Album on repeat. Number 3 is about worn out. And, number 4. And number 2. And…
8. As we speak, I am only 50% finished with my Christmas shopping. This causes some stress.
9. Stress and I don’t get along.
10. My favorite (and the first) things to put out, when decorating for the season, are our stockings. Each one was lovingly cross-stitched by The Nana. She is an artist! Each has our name across the top.
11. Our Christmas tree is up and decorated. This being a year when we are down in Florida with Ahab and The Nana, for Christmas, I call that a win!
13. THIS! –>
14. Do you do the whole #EOTS (Elf on the Shelf) thing? Don’t. Start. I’ve begun to rue the day… Anyhoo, we let the kids play with Jack, our elf, the first day he comes out. They get All The Touching out of their system and then we begin sweatin’ it out looking for new ways to hide and position the little elf dude. Looks like Sweetgirl’s gonna do just fine when it comes time to play this game with her own kidlets. She clearly has far better ideas than we do. (Although, I’m not sure Jack approves.)
15. Sweetman’s family introduced me to the tradition of watching “White Christmas” each year, to kick off the holiday season. I. Love. That. Movie! Our sweet little family, however, likes far less cultured movies: Elf and Arthur Christmas. We’ve watched these 5 times, already.
It’s only December 10th.
Lord, help me.
And, on that prayer, that’s a wrap!
See what I did there?
Now, if only I could do that with All The Presents.
It is a season for miracles…